Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wrong frequency

Options
Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a 6500 radio and I noticed the slice frequency is at 14,300,000 and I used the TEST button on the SmartCAT, the returned frequency was 14,278,652. Any takes on this?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What CAT command did you issue and what was the complete output? Also did you have one or two slices open at the time?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The CAT command issued is the default that shows up on the test tab of SmartCAT. I first noticed this when I went to log a DX contact on HRD Logbook. I closed all programs related to running the 6500 and restarted, everything was OK after that. I have no clue as to what took place. Thanks Tim for replying.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There are a lot of commands in the test tab that will return frequency. ZZ and Kenwood commands. Which one is it?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    FA
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Perfect. I'll do some testing and report back.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I did some testing and I can not reproduce your issue. Version of SmartSDR CAT are you using?
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I noticed this during the contest too but it was not consistant and I chalked it up to the person posting the spot as being a bit off frequency. So when you click that spot you too would be off frequency. I don't know for sure if that is the case but it seems to be. 73 Greg
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SmartCAT Version 1.1.7.0

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.