Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ability of smartsdr to start/stop related programs

Joe WD5Y
Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I have other programs that I have to start up along with SSDR - wavenode (wn-2), etc. When I was using PowerSDR and programming a little I went into the source code and added a few lines to start and stop the other programs with PowerSDR; this worked quite well and made a simpler start/stop setup. Hey i'm lazy, what can I say. I know that others use multiple applications as well, digital, etc. Is it possible to add in the SSDR setup section entry points to add application names that would allow SSDR to start and stop these programs with SSDR?
5 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is an interesting idea.  We would like to hear other folk's comment on it as well.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Something to sequence startup and shutdown is always nice to have - and if it could be disabled with a simple mouse click for next restart - that would be nice too. There are days when I just want to listen and not clog my desktop with logbooks and data modes.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Whether to allow SmartSDR to control other programs directly or to provide status flags that other programs can monitor (or a combination) is a question. Additionally the radio-server (6x00) status flags would be important. Interesting suggestion, especially in a SMartSDR-Suite concept of multiple add-ins/optional modules. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It would be very nice to have an editable boot up menu, kind of like booting some versions of Linux, that can specify optional programs to boot up with SmartSDR. It would be especially nice if it would allow specifying the window location of those programs so our operating workspace would always boot up the way we want it, all from one click. And, like Richard said, multiple boot options would allow us to boot up in a simple listening mode, a casual operating mode, a complex digital mode, or a kick-**** contesting mode. These modes could ultimately even load standard RX & TX profiles, peripheral equipment drivers, etc. at will... or not.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Or just a tab on the settings window for external programs. Enter the path for the file and a check box to start before or after SSDSR and a check box to close after SSDR is closed. This would be great. Especially for DDUtil since that may be in use to control antenna switches. 73 Greg AB7R
  • Mickey N4MB
    Mickey N4MB Member
    edited December 2016
    This can be resolved in Windows with a PowerShell or .bat script that sequences command line invocations of the desired programs. I had this working well with PowerSDR and expect to be able to make it work with SmartSDR when it becomes relevant to me - after DAX is delivered. It wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to "Pre" and "Post" process things more easily though - crank up logging and communications utilities (DDUtil, fldigi, etc) beforehand and cleanup/logging afterward. But it's way down on my list! 73, Mickey N4MB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.