Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX switch off with connection failure

Guenter, DK1RI
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
After installing a new antennne I found a misbehaviour of the tune knob. I could switch on the TX but not switch off. Obviously the HF disturbes the Ethernet connection, and after a few seconds I get the "connection loss" message on the laptop, But the Flex lamp continue "red" showing transmitting. I cannot check , wether the TX is really transmitting. Problem or Idea?. ... I would prefer, the transceiver switches to a defined RX mode or switch off in case of connection loss. In fact it not a severe problem as long as I use the transceiver in the shack. But one of my major intentions to buy this Flex6500 is to use it remotely via internet. And I also will work on avoiding the HF distortion :) Some more details: Using the PTT the spectrum view freezes (as expected) My distortion is somehow near the limit. Sometimes the TX switches off after a few clicks of the /MOX button . But afterwards the programm was not stable sometimes -> new start of the programm.

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Guenter, Yes I also feel that there needs to be some kind of hand shake on the etherenet to **** TX on a lost connection. As a stop gap, you can assign a TX time out ( Setting>Radio Setup>Transmit ) that should **** the TX if you have a lost connection while you are transmitting. AL, K0VM
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    There is a deadman timer, if enabled, Radio Setup => Transmit Set TX Timeout to the number of minutes that you would like the max TX would be.. But careful if you are an AM operator, some tend to run for quite a while key down and it will cut you off at the end of timeout.. :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.