Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is SmartCAT "Shared Port" used for?

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I get the dedicated CAT and PTT types, but I'm not sure what "Shared" does.

Answers

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The "SHARED" ports are just virtual cable pairs and, once created, do not depend on CAT or the radio. You can use them, for instance, with DDUtil, to connect between programs. The "shared" ports are always available, regardless if CAT is running or not. For explanation and more details regarding SmartSDR CAT; are available in the manual.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks. I didn't find the PDF until you said that. :) Looks like I can fully retire vspMgr then.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I did and I makes it a lot easier to configure than running VSPManager. by the way if you are going to remove VSPM, please make sure to the delete all their virtual com port first ... Again do not delete VSPM from control panel until you delete all the ports. Otherwise, you will end up like me spending a lot of time trying to delete them from device manager!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.