Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Move the active tune marker line to the background behind the spectrum trace.

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
When I try to tune CW signals, the bright yellow line on the Slice tuning bar obscures the pan/spectrum trace of the signal, making it difficult to center the CW signal on a narrow filter. Could we move the active tune marker line to behind the spectrum trace so it doesn't cover it up? Perhaps make it transparent, or make the trace transparent and the marker in the background?.
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for your input on this. You are not the only one that feels this way. We got input from two of our engineers to this same effect. Unfortunately we have already made the move to put the data line on top of the yellow/red Slice frequency line. I think the reality is that white doesn't show up well on a yellow background. We are looking at a few different ways of solving this. We would welcome other ideas.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The problem is even more pronounced on SSB when the Slice info flag is displayed on top of the filter window. Perhaps you could put a frequency display on the top of the pan's border bar so that when the "A" or "B" button is selected that minimizes the slice display flag I can tune around with the flag gone, but still know what frequency I am tuning? That would help somewhat, but doesn't completely solve the problem. You could probably fit at least 4 slice frequency windows across the top of each pan window bar.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.