Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dockable control panels

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Would it be possible to make the TX and EQ control panels movable and dockable? As they are if I reduce the vertical profile of SSDR I can no longer see the EQ controls. More go away as I continue to reduce the size. Would be nice if they could be undocked and moved around the screen outside the SSDR window. Or; brought down as a long control panel along the bottom of the screen instead of the side. Thanks Greg
6 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That would be fantastic.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    FYI, you can rearrange the TX panels on the right side by grabbing the bar at the top and dragging them to the new position. For example, I moved the VOX control panel above the EQ panel so that it would be visible when I shrunk SmartSDR vertically. You can also rearrange the panadapter windows in the same way. I am sure we will add more options in this area as time permits.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    You can only rearrange it if you can see it. This is not a problem for most recent desktops, but if you are using a laptop in the field you may not be able to reach all of your controls. If you could collapse each control, or scroll down when the controls go off the bottom of the page or dock them in another place it would be useful.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I agree with Robert's (N5IKD) idea. The ability to minimize (collapse) the TX panels would be great. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Although you can move the panels the location is not persisted. For CW the VOX panel is not needed but appears above the Equalizer which can be used but is partially obscured. (see snapshot) You have to swap them around every time you start for now. In any event, for the CW mode it seems logical to put the VOX panel on the bottom or eliminate it altogether. You could use the extra space to add the memory key buttons when CWX is added. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ CLICK to enlarge
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    you could "dock" them under Tabs down the left side. AUDIO Tab, CW Tab, PHONE Tab, DIGITAL Tab, RF/SWR Tab, VOX Tab and so forth and "shrink" the individual control panels for those features under that Tab and have them pop up in the right side location when selected. Pick and choose as you want which ones are "expanded"into the right side realestate window. just thinking out loud again....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This would solve a lot of problems until the panels are dockable.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You can click the X at the upper right of the TX panel to exit the panel and all settings will stay the same. You can bring it back by clicking on the antenna icon to the right of the panadapter launch icon on the bottom bar.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    One of the intents to my original post was to be able to open and close portions as needed and/or move them to a more efficient location. For example, I may not want to use the EQ, or set it and the close the window cuz I won't change setting further. Being able to move CW controls to the bottom of the window below the lowest panadapter may be easier to use. Its not just an issue of opening or closing them. 73 Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.