Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Ready Lockout

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
An idea for the future... It would be nice to click, or right-click the TX Ready indicator in order to lock out the Transmitter. I have both an inquisitive 6 year old son and 2 cats that roam the operating area and I would like a simple way to inhibit the transmitter when I am away from the desk. When activated, the display could then put a bright red circle and slash over the TX Ready indicator or have it say "TX NOT Ready" or something. If the PTT or CW Paddles are activated when TX is inhibited, a red warning box could be flashed in the center of the screen for as long as the PTT is pressed. A simple click or right-click would activate the transmitter again. I have noticed that I can right click on it now, but any control functions are inoperable.

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Clicking on the RED TX on the filter selection box works for me as it locks out the transmitter with a single click. I use the TX indicator on the filter box rather than the TX ready box.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Yes, this is what I was going to recommend also -- just unclick the TX in the slice receiver and there will be no assigned transmitter. Will this do what you want, Ken? Steve
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not exactly. Though I agree that un-clicking the TX selection on the slice will do the job, there may be times when multiple slices are open and some may even be off screen. If I have a particular set up I may not want to track down the particular slice and click it, so I thought a simple "Master inhibit" would be handy, similar to the "master mute" so that an operator wouldn't have to remember the exact slice that had formerly been selected... Just a variation on the same tune, I guess... In the mean time, I have been doing it the other way, but on a smaller screen it can be a little tricky to see...
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just a quick thought - an extension for the future - how about a Master TX Inhibit that could be locked with a PIN? Would be ideal for those days when doing demo's or youth events where you don't want any unauthorized TX, but would allow the user to freely scan around the bands. This would also deal with the non feline young ones who wander into the shack and have a little more savvy about them to look for the Enable button. A PIN always stops those in their tracks.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not a bad idea at all!
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ken I like the master tx inhibit you first suggested remember on the flex 5000 we had a receive only switch Ken w9ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.