Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which pins on a 9 pin male serial connector are PTT???

Options
Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Boy is my memory gone. I feel like a dolt but have to ask. I need more serial ports. I have an old USB to 8 serial port EdgePort box. It's still installed on my computer and shows up in Device Manager. I need to make a cable for ptt. But I can remember nor find my cheatsheet which says which pins on a 9 pin serial male are the correct pins to enable PTT on the Flex PTT port. feel free to email bill@w9ol.com direct. And thanks in advance.

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bill, The RTS pin ( noramlly used for PTT function is on pin 7 of DB-9 connector.. Pin 5 is ground. AL, K0VM
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    thank you. I'm having trouble getting ptt to work in 3rd party programs such as MMTTY and WSJT-x
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bill, Two thinkg you can try... 1) It you have CAT running to your WSJTX, you can set the WSJTX PTT methode to CAT and it should key just fine... You can also set up MMTTY to use PTT via CAT but its not as obvious... 2) You can add a ptt port in the SmartSDR CAT control program and then select that com port for PTT within WSJTX or MMTTY AL, K0VM
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As usual, it was operator error. I was in the process of changing from Flex5k comports to 6K choices. Somewhere along the way, I goofed. Steve made me a great spreadsheet listing my programs and suggestions how to assign them com ports that won't conflict. The problem comes in that some programs still will not allow com ports higher than eight. So I was trying to use a USB->Com port and had a brainfart. All is now fixed, once I saw the reason. I was confusing the PSDR com port names and what they do, with the nameing conventions in the software I was trying to connect to. Thanks for you help and all is working properly. Unfortunately, there isn't any DX to work so I'm making more trouble for myself.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.