Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

split operation both panadapters and slices stopping working freezing up.

Reggie-k6xr
Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
While operating split on 20 meters this afternoon in the qrp fox hunt, both slices and the panapters froze up and I had to turn 6500 off and reboot to get radio back to normal. first time this has happened.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Did you change the antenna port or anything else when this happened?
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    No not to my knowledge.
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    I have the same problem with my FLEX 6500. While operating split on 15 meters, I was using Slice a set for "A" TX sand one Slice for "B" Receive. Adjusting the ATU, both slices and the panapters froze up. I had to turn 6500 off and reboot to get radio back to normal.This appears to be a SPLIT issue with the new FLEX. I was trying to operate 21.028 Transmit and 21.030 Receive. Mode was CW for both slices. This problem has occurred every time I attempt to operate SPLIT. I am running the latest SmartSDR version.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I had this happen with just one slice open; but, traced the problem to RF feedback into the computer and router. I put ferrite cores on both ends of the cable from the Flex to the router, RF cores on all cables into the computer, and have a couple of spares on the desk.... So far, no hangups
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    I also have RF Chokes on all my cables. I noticed that if you are splitting the transmit frequency close to the receive frequency of the second split receiver, it will lock up both displays. The Split Receive will show MAX RF signal before it locks up. Several attempts at running CW Split have worked as long as I set Split "A" to Receive and Split "B" to transmit. I am running the same antenna on both Transmit and Receive. Split operation in Digital will function using one Slice. This appears to be a function of the DM-780 software which runs with the new FLEX. Will keep trying different Slice functions to see if it will continue to work for CW. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.