Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 doesn't like connecting to a network card with a static IP

Options
Michael - N5TGL
Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
Tried updating to 0.15.13 today, but all it would do is run the yellow progress bar all the way to the right and just hang. Flex is connected directly to the laptop. Saw another person reported a similar problem, but was due to his network topology. I just redid my network, and part of that required assigning a static IP to my network card. I changed that back to dynamic and *bing* the update worked fine the next time I tried it. So, this isn't so much of a problem, but rather a way to put this in the knowledgebase for anyone else who might have a similar issue.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Michael, That is what I would expect. For the direct connect link (properly called "link-local") to work, the interface on the PC must be set up to receive an IP address from a DHCP server. If it fails to do so, then the Ethernet interface assigns itself an IP address in the 169.254.0.0 (class B) network space. The FLEX-6000 is configured to behave in the same manner, so when they are directly connected to each other, they bout will allocate themselves and IP address in the 169.254.0.0 /16 network which will allow them to communicate since they are in the same broadcast domain.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.