Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Creating my own persistence...

Richard G7EIX
Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just thought I would share.... and it may give some ideas to other tinkerers until the API becomes available. I play a little with WPF and also automation - so I decided to take a look at SmartSDR as it is a WPF client. I have successfully created a little app that runs and waits for SmartSDR to fire up and go to 14.100mhz - it will then inject my Equalizer settings that I saved, the MIC settings and other options. I did this with Snoop and TestStack / White. http://snoopwpf.codeplex.com/ https://github.com/TestStack/White Once I tidy it up a bit and give it an interface I will show it in more detail - but its a good interim for me until we get basic persistence.
Tagged:

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Much appreciated as I have some other uses in mind. Would also like to do sequenced start-up/shut-downs, so all ears for suggestions. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Excellent Richard. Looking forward to seeing more on this.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Keep us informed, great idea. Thanks Al N4AB
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have a working applet now that pulls all the selections for ALL the CheckBoxes and Buttons - just working on a way to delve into the Equalizer DataContext to pull those settings. Pity I have to work today - otherwise I would play a little more. There is always the weekend.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Well, I now have my own Persistence working. I'm not going to develop this much further though as it will hopefully be a moot point in the coming month and really not worth the effort. Pulling the data was a bit of a chore as a lot of the WPF elements are not named (the EQ) and it required trolling through an index of sliders to pull the data - and this takes time (cpu cycles) and locks up the software for a second while TestStack trolls the elements. It was a fun little project - but I'll wait for the API before I create something that others may find of use. For now...back to work!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.