Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000a Output Power Control

Glenn Nutsey
Glenn Nutsey Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi I am hoping you can help a fellow "flexer", I am finding difficulty in achie= ving a smooth power increase whilst using SSB. A little more information needed I know, but what I mean is the following: I owned an FT2000 and when I was transmitting,my power meter would stay stea= dy at the required power output when my meter was set at peak hold. This was= with the linear switched in or not. My challenge (more noticeable with the linear in, usually run 200 watts) wit= h the flex is that my meter will show an average power output of say 110 wat= ts then on the next voice peak may shoot up to 200 watts. It would appear t= here is no control or smoothing out of my audio input and I am not to sure w= here to start. I spoke to a station today and he said that although my signal was clear and= strong but there appeared to be some Intermodulation being introduced on peaks (probably because of the s urge in power with no control ?) I assume hang and attack times can be adjusted to help ? But I am not sure. I use a Tokyo Hi Power HL700b with the flex wire connected to the ALC socket= on the amp I use a Flex 5000a Hopefully you can help. 73 Glenn M1 AQO

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.