Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VAC I/Q output for CW Skimmer

Bill - K7UOP
Bill - K7UOP Member
edited March 2018 in New Ideas
I hope that I/Q output via VAC is planned. External programs like CW Skimmer could take advantage. SmartSDR should output a great enough bandwidth for other programs to utilize. For instance, I know Skimmer Server can process multiple bands at one time, currently from 2 specific receivers. Details would have to be worked out for drivers for SmartSDR.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    This is already in the plan for some time in the future, but the "How" to best do this is very daunting due to the multiple slices that can be created. But thanks for the reminder.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    And... We are not planning on using the third-party VAC program either. It will be a FlexRadio Systems sound device "emulator". The plans are for it to stream data from the radio as either real or complex (IQ) data (audio). It will also probably be implemented like SmartSDR CAT where it is a standalone client communicating with the radio independently of SmartSDR for Windows. DISCLAIMER: These are the initial plans and they may change.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.