Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Split band change glitch.

Carl/K5HK
Carl/K5HK Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just noted another glitch I have not seen reported. I was operating split cw on 15m. I later changed bands and not able to change frequency at least with the mouse. I clicked +RX remembering I had been in split on 15m before switching to 17m and then I got normal A and B windows both set to the same frequency. I closed the be window and normal simplex operation was okay and could tune, click freq changes, etc. I repeated this problem on different bands and modes and seems to be consistant. 73, Carl/K5HK

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    What radio model are you using? Operating Split, you had two slices open. For this question assume SLICE A is the RX slice and SLICE B is the TX slice. Which slice did you change frequency from 15 to 17m and and how did you change frequency? (band button, direct keyboard entry?)
  • Carl/K5HK
    Carl/K5HK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    B was TX, A was RX on 15m cw. I did not turn of the extra Rx prior to opening BAND and changing to 17m. The 6500 changed to 17m but no Frequency/mode/etc display on screen and clicking on the screen to move frequency did nothing. Opening R+ actived the 17m screen to single A slice with tx enabled. I would think that the software should change to single Rx when bands changed in that manner. At least most xcvrs revert to simplex when changing bands to avoid problems. 73, Carl
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the additional information. That is a known software defect in SmartSDR that affects the FLEX-6500. We are aware of it and are working on a fix.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.