Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX driver error version 3.5.9 new PC Windows 11

Options
Phil N3ZP
Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in DAX

I just got a Dell Core i5 desktop PC to use with my 6400. This PC has a clean install of Windows 11 Pro with no other software installed. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled SmartSDR 3.5.9 multiple times and continue to get a driver error for DAX. Apparently Windows shows DAX drivers as incompatible. I searched previous post and did not see any solutions.

I have previously been running the 6400 with an HP laptop with Windows 11 with no issues. I don't know what to try next.

Phil N3ZP

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had similar problems about a year ago. What was happening, W11 was assigning DAX as a default audio device which the DAX did not like. Go to Audio settings and assign a mic input and speaker output as the default audio devices. Try to reinstall the DAX. The DAX driver error message should give you a hint of what it doesn't like.

Gayle K0FLY

• Phil N3ZP
    Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Gayle. I did try that but no change. I submitted a help ticket but that will be delayed until Monday.

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    Options

I had same problem and summited a help ticket. I was told by Tim it's a bug in the dax drivers and they are working on a new dax driver. Since I work mostly all digital I connected a Signalink so I could work the digital modes until they come out with the new drivers.

• Phil N3ZP
    Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
    Options

I am working on a support ticket with Ken. Did the uninstall/reinstall of the DAX drivers. So far not working yet. I have a Signalink but use it with my VHF radio. Seems that Windows 11 has been around long enough there would be drivers that worked. I do a fair amount of FT8 and I like how well the FLEX works with WSJT-X.

I was fine until my old desktop died and replaced it with another machine but with Windows 11 installed. I hope there is a work-around.

Phil N3ZP

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes I tried all the things they suggested with no luck. That's when I filled out the help ticket.

Ross,

You have done all of the "tricks" we generally use to get DAX to install on newer PCs running Win11 and Win10

I spoke to our sustaining engineering team regarding your issue. They confirmed that the issue is a software defect with the DAX driver and that a new driver will be needed to address this issue. We are currently working on a new DAX driver but I do not have an ETA as to when it might be available.

This issue has been logged as defect number: SMART-8210

Unfortunately, at this time there are no known workarounds.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.