Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installing HamLib on Win11??

Options
VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to install hamlib 4.5.5 on Windows 11?

I'm trying to get FreeDV working on my 6700 and it uses hamlib for rig control. The installation .exe just creates the hamlib folder and subfolders, then the instructions talk about adding them to the PATH variable on Win 7, 2k, etc.

Then it says "...need help with Win10 +"

Anyone got it working? Right now, I'm getting error messages from FreeDV regarding 'cannot find hamlib'

Thanks

Best Answer

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I do not use FreeDV so I cannot say if adding the path variables in W11 will get it to work. But adding the path in W11 is similar to previous Windows versions. Just use Edit and append to the existing variables.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Eric. I 'found' the editor and was able to make the change. Now for more testing! :-)

For those not familiar with it, editting the environment variables is accomplished by:

a) Using the 'Search' at the bottom of the Win11 desktop, type in 'edit'; one of the options provided should be 'Edit environment variables for your account' -- select this one.

b) A screen will be presented with two boxes: User variables and System variables. Click on 'Path' under User variables and then click on the 'Edit...' button under the box.

c) A new screen will be presented 'Edit environment variable', showing the current values of the Path variable.

d) In my case, I'm adding a new folder, so I click 'New' which opens up a new line where you can type in the location of the new folder; OR click 'Browse' and then navigate to the desired folder then click OK. The desired folder will be added to the variable.

e) Click OK to back out of the editor.

Hope this helps others.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.