Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which 1 KW tuner to use with 6400M?

Options
Rapidrob
Rapidrob Member ✭✭
I need a 1KW tuner for our 6400M radio. Other than the several thousand dollar ATU's which one(s) would you recommend?

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the chinese kit N7DDC tuner in 1KW Version. No Problems with my 500W linear .

The question is not so much, if it fit´s the 6400 , i must fit the type of amplifier.

One big Problem with autotuners and linears is that for short periods, while tuning, SWR can trip safety of the amp or even **** the transsistors. So , honestly i would not recommend a separate tuner/amp set without communciations inbetween , Amps including tuners are a better chicoe, as the will never tune when the circuit is active.

• Rapidrob
    Rapidrob Member ✭✭
    Options

I havve it narrowed down to the LDG 1000 Pro II tuner for the ease of use and the truly outstanding customer support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.