Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will Radiosport RS55SL SuperLight Travel headset work with Flex 6600 ? What about Heil ?

Options
EA8DIG
EA8DIG Member ✭✭

Folks,

I have the Flex 6600 and I need the heeadset.

Will the Radiosport RS55SL SuperLight Travel headset and the Radiosport Headset cable for SuperLight Travel Headset and Maestro work with it ?

Also, if I want the Heail headset, what type of Heil will work with 6600 ? Any cables are needed to connect the Heil to the 6600 ?

Thank you.

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a Heil Pro 7 . The cable that are furnished with the headset will plug into the 6600. The 1/8 inch TRS plug goes to the headphone jack and the 1/8 inch Tip sleeve connector plugs to the MIC input. Turn bias off and you may want to enable he 20 dB mic amp. Work fine for me no RFI in the mic at 1.5KW.

I have no experience with the Radio Sport head sets.

Gayle K0FLY

• EA8DIG
    EA8DIG Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you.

I take it was a Dynamic mike insert, right ?

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have used Radiosport Radiosport RS-60CF head-set for a couple of years at my home station. Have had and used several Heil before that. Have used Heil Pro 7 at another contest station. I prefer my Radiosport way way over any Heil. Heil are good, but Radiosport are Great.

Don't think you should compare those Super Light Travel head-set with Heil Pro 7 and/or Radiosport RS-60. They are totally different type of head-sets. I will probably buy the Travel Head-set for my iPad and PC when remote. But at home, always Radiosport RS-60.

I have bought my Radiosport at Wimo in Germany. I'll see you probably are in Spain. So very convenient buying within EU. I'm very happy with Wimo as supplier of hamstuff.

Gl, 73, Johan

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes Dynamic on the Heil. I should try the radio sport

• EA8DIG
    EA8DIG Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, now I understand.

73 !

• EA8DIG
    EA8DIG Member ✭✭
    Options

Ordered the Heil BM-10 (received and working fine now) as well as awaiting the RadioSport one.

BM-10 was easy to set up using the equalizer. Yet I lack the sound blocks from the outside world, so hope the RadioSport will do better.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

I use the Radiosport RS55SL with my Maestro with no issues.

Even my KX3 likes it.

Ian

KM4CQG

• G7UFO
    G7UFO Member ✭✭
    Options

Just a note about the Radiosport RS55SL, I've recently tried to replace one of the ear pads and have been told by a supplier here in the UK they're no longer in production. Worth considering if you may need any parts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.