Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using Smart Link on a Laptop PC

Options
KG5PTE
KG5PTE Member ✭✭

Hi I know most operators use Smart link with a Mastro or Iphone or Ipad. Can you use smart link on a laptop remotely ?

Thank you.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi James, Yes, you sure can. I think plenty of us use laptops with SmartLink.

Depending on the quality of the link, you may need to click on Display and set the Rate to 1 and FPS to 5. This will ease the amount of data being shipped to the remote laptop.

Look for YouTube videos by Mike, VA3MW on remote operation. He has extensive experience - his normal operation is from his house in Toronto with his Flex at a boathouse in an undisclosed location.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

I give this a try than you.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I am about to test again (Sunday August 13, 2023 at 2000 Hrs UTC 1500 CST) I going to leave Smart SDR version 3. 5.8 up and running on my Dell G-3 15 Laptop running MS Windows 11 (Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2134) . I have placed my Wolf River coil (TIA) HF vertical antenna further away from the shack. And replaced the older RG 58 coax with RG-8X Mini 8 coax. And placed an MFJ 915 Choke balun near the feed point of the Flex radio (Transmitter) As this is the way MFJ says to do this in the instructions. So far a test with a local ham (N5NIR) said my audio sounded great. And the remote with the laptop worked well too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.