Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interface cable for P4 Dragon modem ?

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

I followed some old discussion about interfacing a Flex 6000 series transceiver to a Dragon P4 modem but some links are now dead . One link got me to a site about the interface cable but the information said

"FlexRadio 6000 9087 Y-cable No Control Radio control is via Firewire direct from PC. Requires PowerSDR 1.18.0 or greater."

Obviously, using Power SDR with a 6000 radio is wrong. I did inquire of a Dragon modem distributor in Canada and they were unaware of a cable that would work with a Flex 6000.

Andy K3UK

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Andy... I'm by far no expert in PACTOR, etc. but I'm pretty sure there is no way of directly connecting the modem to a Flex. I'm thinking you'll probably want a computer of some sort to run the Winlink (or whatever) interface, so the Dragon would be connected to the PC??

There are lots of discussions/youtubes about how to run PACTOR on a Flex 6000 series.

Or, am I missing something?

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Don, some old posts from Tim at Flex posted a link for a cable but that link is dead . I contacted the distrutor and they said they tried to contact Flex about a cable but received no reply. They are now seeking advice from SCS directly . I will check Youtube. You may be correct about not doing it directly, more research.

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

I think this is the cable that Tim mentioned a few years ago

Farallon Electronics 415-331-1924

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

A message relayed to me from SCS staff today states that their Dragon modem "does not work very well " with Flex 6000 due to latency issues. They say that it will work "a little".

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.