Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for satellite help with Greencube (IO-117)

Joel N9LQ
Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭

My radio is a Flex 6600 with 25w Q5 transverters. The antenna is the M2 LEO Pack. I have made hundreds of successful SSB and CW contacts on the LEO satellites. I can also decode packets from Greencube (IO-117) successfully using SoundModem by UZ7HO, and GreenCube Digipeater software. However I can't figure out how to get the SoundModem software to key the radio. I created a COM port in SmartCAT and then point to that in SoundModem, but when I try and transmit nothing happens. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the PTT working properly? Thanks.

Answers

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Joel N9LQ

I got mine to xmit. But never could connect. I went back to my 9700. I would check to see how the PTT is implemented. Maybe try a comport that already existed. I know I'm not being much help here.

• Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭

Thanks Ed. I did finally get it working. Your hunch was correct, I had the PTT setup wrong. I found a good writeup by Jeremy, W2JG on interfacing the Flex to Sound Modem which was very helpful.

It was fun to hear you on IO-117 yesterday, and thanks for the QSO! :) 73, Joel

• KA7KDX
    KA7KDX Member ✭✭
    sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread. Does anyone have some clear instructions for IO-117 setup? Running a 6600 and I have a Q5 432 xvtr.
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭

Here is a link to a thread that I found very useful for IO-117. At the bottom of the thread is a great writeup by W2JG . Good luck with it! 73, Joel

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8023032/soundmodem-winlink-setup-for-packet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.