Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

transmit audio

MarkDu
MarkDu Member ✭✭
I have been using W2HIY boxes and would like to move away from it so open some space in shack. I had the W2IHY connected to the balanced input on the 6600M and the ptt connected to the PTT on the back of the flex and all worked fine. I discinnected both and connected the inrad desk mic and no audio not even transmit. I figured I would connect the Flex hand mic and it transmits a carrier but no audio. I've connected it to the Bal on the back as well as the Mic on the back and changed the settings on the sdr from Bal to Mic and Mic to bal and still no audio level. I do have a TGXL as well as a PGXL and the antenna genus, I must be missing something. I figured at least the hand mic would work. Any help would be appreciated..

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    • Check TX DAX is off
    • Check BAL microphone is selected on the Flex SDR Client
    • Does the Mic have enough DBm output? Try selecting the 20 DBm boost on the Audio Settings panel
    • Does the Mic need a bias voltage?

Alan. WA9WUD

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭
    I did get the hand Mic to work. I think it may be a faulty cable adapter from Flex.
    When I boot the radio with the mic connected everything boots fine. When keying the mic nothing happens except the level meter goes up when I key the mic and goes down but does not key the radio. When I unplug the 3.5mm on the back of the mic stand from the mic and plug it back in it keys the radio. I have to unplug to unkey. Not sure what is going on..
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

I bought an inrad m629 and after chasing every XLR connector in my audio line for correct pinouts, it turned out two pins in the mic connector itself were soldered up swapped. I had nasty hum. Shure means they know mics, inrad means they don't. Don't trust a single connection to be correct on an inrad. Erika DD

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭
    Thank you fro all the info..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.