Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ladder line and spouting

Options
gfont625
gfont625 Member, Unconfirmed
My ladder line dipole works well however my ladder line 450 ohm has to travel over 2 areas of spouting. How do i buy or make a cheap standoff to keep the ladder line from laying against the gutter. There is no other better way to bring it into the house.

Answers

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If you are looking for an excellent insulator material, the best I have found is Noryl PPO. It comes in rods or sheets. It is black in color and much more rigid than Teflon rod is also a good insulator. Both PPO and Teflon are not cheap but a short circuit to an amplifier may not be cheap either. The antenna insulators you find are not very good in high voltage situations where the rain and snow allow arc over. Although glass and ceramic are also excellent as long as they don’t get broken.

A good source is McMaster-Carr. They are a huge supplier of many mechanical and industrial supplies. If you want to be entertained go to their website and see the breath of their stuff. ACE hardware to the 10th power! Their automated warehouses are incredibly.

Bill

W9JJB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.