Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I make Flex respond to StepIR tuning relay using WSJT-X?

Options
Amos Sobel
Amos Sobel Member ✭✭

Using SmartSDR and 4 Instanses of WSJT-X am trying to make my Flex 6600 respond to StepIR tuning relay such that TX is blocked during frequency tuning of StepIR. I did connect the relay output to the Flex TX REQ.

TX is blocked properly during frequency changes on SmartSDR when activated by MOX.

TX is not blocked during frequency changes activated by TUNE of the WSJT-X instances.

My WSJT-X instances are using Kenwood TS-2000 rig on COM5-COM8 and CAT PTT.

Your help in solving this problem will be appreciated.

Amos 4X4MF

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Amos

SteppIR documentation shows how to use the TX Relay to open the PTT line between a transceiver and an amplifier. Further, SteppIR says, if the TX power is less than 100 Watts, there will be no harm to a moving SteppIR antenna tape.

The purpose of the TX Relay is to prevent an amplifier from going into TX. No harm if you you TX with less then 100 Watts.

So, no need to prevent the Flex from TX, but necessary to prevent an amp (if you use one) from receiving a PTT.

Alan. WA9WUD

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

Amos

On my 6700 there are 6 RCA jacks 3 inhibit transmit and I believe 3 will aid in keying other devices.

I use the Trans 1 to turn off my receiver antenna. If you run the 3.5mm Jack on the SDA controller mine is the Optimizer and then the RCA Jack that should turn off transmit till the Stepp tunes.

last thing this is really unnecessary if your not running a amp.

Alan is correct on the manual saying 100 watts is allowed while step antenna is tuning.

• Amos Sobel
    Amos Sobel Member ✭✭
    Options

KM4CQG

StepIR can survive tunning with 100w output by Flex.

Can Flex survive 100W into untuned antenna?

Amos 4X4MF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.