Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does Smart SDR V3.3.33 fix defect number: SMART-8823 ?

Options
Gary Ashdown
Gary Ashdown Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in DAX

Once again, i am not updating until i know for sure that this on-going issue of DAX distortion has been resolved.

Release notes for v3.3.33 do not refer to this known issue.

Previous feedback from Flex on v3.3.29 was:

The analysis of your HelpDesk support incident has concluded that the issue you reported is a possible software defect. This issue has been logged as defect number: SMART-8823.

Unfortunately, at this time there are no known workarounds, other than reducing the number of slices using DAX.

Gary

VK8AW / VK4ABW

Comments

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been waiting on this (and other) issues for a very long while as well. Right now my 8-slice capable 6700 is reduced to just two and even just one (!) if I am sharing my station with another operator. I truly believe the issue has been resolved — but I can only really *hope* that the software is being extensively tested so as to reduce the usual set of run-on issues that seem to follow after a release.

I would really love to have a release where everyone’s most vexing software issue has finally been resolved and the majority of users are willing to upgrade to the same solid release level.

I want to be a “happy camper” again!

Cheers, John

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

But no… version 3.3.33 does not fix issue 8823.

I know because I’m on that release.

3.3.33 was released to address the loss of SmartLink and all slices that suddenly (spread like a cold) throughout the original signature-series product line.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.