Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MFJ 993B Antenna tuner with my Flex6600

Lewis Mead
Lewis Mead Member ✭✭
I would like to try using my MFJ 993B with my 6600. Need to know interface requirements.
I think it is the same as a Kenwood cable, but MFJ says I would need to know jumper positions

Answers

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

I don't use an interface cable. The 993B will autotune when you "push" the tune button on the Flex. This works FB for me for years. Unless I am mistaken, I do not believe there is any way to interface the Flex with the 993B

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I use a 929 which is essentially the same tuner minus the analog meter. The flex cannot power it over an interface cable so a power connection is needed. As Lionel said, the autotune works well. I set the tune power on the flex to 10 watts. After the tuner memorizes the solutions, a quick click of the tune button is usually good for the entire band segment. I changed the sticky tune function from the default.

• Lewis Mead
    Lewis Mead Member ✭✭
    Just so I understand... you are only connecting the coax from the radio to the tuner and not using any interface?
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Correct. There is no mechanism to use an interface cable with the flex.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.