Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using FRStack and activating spots

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Third-Party Software

I just installed FRStack on my computer. And the program is communicating with my 6400M. I see under options for Spots menus and Spots. Under Spots I have entered in my Callsign and triggered FRStack handles the spot trigger. I have designed the active slice. Down at the bottom of the menu I have 4 options. In #1 there is the following, 127.0.0.1:23. I assume that this is a telnet address? I would like to add telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7000, So I assume I would check #2 and enter that in as follows, telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000. Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• smumustang
    smumustang Member
    edited March 2023
    Hi Mark, I'm surprised no one has answered this yet, but you are pretty much correct. In FRStack, click View-Options and on the window that pops up, choose Spots. Down near the bottom, you will enter the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) of the server you are trying to hit. If you need a port, you add a colon at the end and put the port number. In your example, you look like you have it correct, but it's possible that you might need to remove the beginning "telnet." part.

On that same window, you will see a button for "Find Spot Source" that will open a webpage to a list of spots. What I have found is that many of the ones on that page simply do not work, so you may have to try many to find one that does work. I found that ve7cc.net from here (https://us.v-cdn.net/6032377/uploads/G0W17IZC7ZSZ/spots2-jpg.jpg) does work. Fortunately, you can test within FRStack to see if the source is working. Once you click OK to close the Options/Spot window and get back to the main FRStack window, click View and then select Spot Sources Viewer. This will open another window that will populate with spot data if your spot source is working:

I hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.