Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stream Deck Programming

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Good Evening,

I was watching a youtube video on controllers for SmartSDR. The Stream Deck 15 key model seem to be a good choice at least for what I would want to use it for. Perhaps the 32 button model would be overkill at this point in time. I did see where one can go into FRStack, at least in the program direct and double click to files which helps in programming the Stream Deck.

That's the only thing that I am apprehensive about is the actual programming of the Flexradio functions I would want available on the stream deck. Is there anything documents or video's that you know of that would help to make programming the Stream Deck in the least painful way? Thanks

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Mark,

I can help you remotely.

In FRStack there is a sample profile that can be loaded into the Stream Deck as well as the plug-in for using REST v1.2 commands. You then can move the buttons around and customize them.

Dave wo2x

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

In FRStack, under the Help menu is a selection for the View Rest Help. This is a complete list of all the commands for the Flex 6000 radios. Read all this carefully. After you install the plug-in that Dave mentions, it is all easy to accomplish.

I bought the 15-key Stream Deck and quickly learned that was a big mistake. There are so many things that you can do with the Stream Deck outside of Flex and FRStack. I now have the 32-key version and have many pages of functions on the keys (the Stream Deck lets you define folders that contain a whole new set of keys to display).

73, Craig KØCF

• David Decoons, wo2x

If you start using Node Red it opens up ability to control anything that Node Red can control. Relays, antenna switches, tuners, amps, rotor control, etc.

Also buttons to launch programs, create multi layer macros, send keystrokes. Really cool stuff.

Dave wo2x

• I am very glad I bought the 32 button model of Streamdeck, Mark. Be careful that you don't get the 15 key model and wish you had got the XL. It is very easy to find a need for programming 32 keys. A small example:

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions and helpful pictures.

I purchased the 32 Button Model from Amazon today. It should be delivered tomorrow.

I will have to review everything in FRStack and if I need any help, I know you guys are there.

Thanks again!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Mark,

let me know if you would like help to get set up before CQWW. Go FRC! My e-mail on QRZ is good.

Dave wo2x

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Dave,

That would be great. I will email when I have the unit plugged into the computer. We have an informal FRC Meeting tonight and I work tomorrow during the day. Not sure if tomorrow evening would be good for you or not. My email on QRZ is good also.

Mark KB3Z

• David Decoons, wo2x

I'll drop you an email with my phone number. I will try to make the informal meeting tonight.

Dave wo2x

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

I just received my Stream Deck XL from Amazon. I have taken it out of the box and attached the USB cable and Stand. And it is now plugged into my Computer. I downloaded the Elegato Software and I have a Blue Welcome Light on the screen. I guess the fun begins now.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Erik,

I like your Stream Deck Profile. Would there be a possibility that I could get a copy of it?

My Email is good in QRZ.

Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Hi Mark

Yes of course. I will send it today.

Erik.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Thanks Erik. I really appreciate that!

Mark KB3Z

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Mark,

once you get Erik’s profile loaded let me know if you need help customizing it.

Dave wo2x

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Dave,

I haven't received anything as of yet. But as soon as I do I will write you an email.

Mark KB3Z

• You should have received it Mark. I emailed it yesterday at 0851UTC to the address in qrz.com

With an attachment, maybe it went to your spam folder? Let me know if you need it re-sent.

Erik

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Erik,

No, I did not receive it as of yet. I wouldn't think that the file size would be a limitation. Here is another email address that you can try, marktgriffin@verizon.net or pastormg2@verizon.net. I checked my spam folder and there was nothing in there.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Erik,

I just sent you an email to your email address in QRZ.

Mark

• Hello Mark

Yes, I received the email. I have resent the profile to both verizon.net addresses (2110UTC). The file size is 2MB which is nothing and, in any case, I have previously emailed this profile to many other Flex/Stream Deck users without a hitch. So I hope you get it this time. If not, let me know and I can send it to my Dropbox and email you a download link. Whatever the gremlins are, they will be defeated.

Erik.

• GMCotton
    GMCotton Member ✭✭
    I recently acquired the 32 button Stream Deck, have the Elgato software installed. Downloaded and installed the FRStack and a sample Flex routine. All looks good, if I click on the FRStack button, FRStack starts, connects to my 6600. For fun, I programmed a button to start Smart SDR and that works as expected. On the sample that I downloaded for Flex non of the other buttons fuction. If I select bands, then 80 nothing occurs. I looked at the button properties and I don't see anything that would allow me to make changes. Now the closest thing I've done to programming was building DB queries in Paradox for company training records some 25+ years ago. I have been looking at the various threads on Node Red, and I'm not sure if that is what I need to use to modify the templates for the Stream Deck or not. At this time I'm not into fully automating my station, just wat to start with being able to select different functions of the 6600 besides using my mouse in Smart SDR. Any and all guidance greatly appreciated.

Gordon
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

Did you install the REST plug-in?

• GMCotton
    GMCotton Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Good evening Eric, not sure. I used the FRStack and sample plugin from W3II.
    So in another thread I found reference to using http://localhost:13522/api in URL 1 which was blank on all my settings. I put that in place and it seems to work. Though when I changed bands in one instance it started tuning, and I don't believe I had hit tune or MOX. Switched back to 80 metres on the stream deck and it changed back to 8-, though gave me an error then there was feedback through my external speakers. Managed to get rid of that when I restarted the 6600 as shutting down SmartSDR did nothing. On restart of the radio, the noise was gone, but it seems that Stream Deck software didn't save the input to URL 1. Put it back in and now it seems to have saved that configuration. Looks like first issue resolved, now to work on the customization further.

I didn't mention that it is Win10 Pro 64bit system running on Dell T5500 Dual Xeon 36GB RAM so lots of horsepower.
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

OK, so yes you have it set up now. You must have installed the plug-in and that URL1 address is often missing when importing a Profile so you found that and fixed it. I do not think the error was SD related - it simply commands the radio as if you had changed bands in SSDR.

• AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

I have a 15 Key Stream Deck and have a set of Buttons that will switch me to the 5 60M Channels. Is there a way I can do this but also set the Mode, Filter, and etc like I can in a FRStack3 Button?

JoAnn - AB8YZ

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭

Most certainly. Make a button a Multi Action, and put an action to 1. Set the freq, 2. Set the Mode 3. Set the Filter.

This is example is not exact, but shows Multi Action setting several parameters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.