Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone know what size set **** I need for the knob on my Flex Control?

Jim Best
Jim Best Member ✭✭
Set **** is missing from  my Flex Control knob. Anyone know the size set **** I need? I'm also looking for an easy route to get one. Can I purchase one from Flex or does some nice "Flexer" have an extra they will sell.
Thanks fer your time.
Jim WU7G

Answers

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I mic'ed it at 0.110" diameter and 0.375" long. That looks like a common #4-40 setscrew in stainless steel. The tip was conical shaped but since the shaft has a large flat I would expect any easily available tip form to work.
    Suggest you check the local hardware store for a replacement.

Best Regards,
    Tim

PS: A 0.050" allen head is required.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

If you don't have measuring gear, you could take the knob to your hardware store for a trial fit.  K3TIM is likely spot on, but it could save a return trip by double checking the fit right at the store.

Must be a back-story how the **** came to be lost?

Steve K9ZW

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    How easy is that!
  • Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you Ken, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll send you a couple bucks for postage and your trouble.
    73 Jim
    WU7G
  • Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That was easy. Thanks all for your response.
    Jim WU7G

• Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks all who responded to my plight of the missing set ****. Ken, K5UHF is sending a care package.
    73 All
    Jim WU7G
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited February 2017
    Now That's what I like about this Community!! The outright willingness to help one another! Great Job.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.