Joining the Community is Easy!

Our community is a great place to share and connect with other people that are passionate about the same things you are. Get your questions answered, share your ideas and feedback, get your problems solved, and give back by helping others! It only takes a minute to get started.

Get Started Today

• Step 1: Sign Up
  • Step 2: Follow Categories

Conversations

Recent Conversations
Conversations 14441 - 14460 of 14635
Photo of John Stuart KM6QX
WWVB 60 kHz Signal
I tuned into WWVB's 60 kHz signal today. On a dipole the 60 kHz signal was -110 dBm, just above the noise floor. Adjacent, at 59.375 kHz...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E
SmartSDR 1.0 and beyond roadmap- looks good with one comment
You guys couldn't have produce a better radio for a DX user and contester. The Flex Dinner at Dayton 2013 you talked about the future pas...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of K4ELO
flex control
I really hope that sometime soon, the Flex control will have more programmability than in the past. I would like to see choices like vox...
  • 6 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Joe WD5Y
After front switch power down there is an overvoltage error displayed when power supply is turned off.
I thought I read where Tim mentioned that if you allow the radio to power down completely with the front switch and the display cleared t...
  • 3 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Dave - WB5NHL
Kudos for posting a roadmap
Thanks for the roadmap. We all know this is a risk. Some people may not buy a 6000 until the features are available and there certainly w...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ
Roadmap posted around 5:00 PM ET for about 5 minutes?
I saw a post for the SmartSDR roadmap earlier but when I looked for it again in the community, I can't find it. I made a copy and it ha...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Glenn Nutsey
Flex 5000a Output Power Control
Hi I am hoping you can help a fellow "flexer", I am finding difficulty in achie= ving a smooth power increase whilst using SSB. A...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tim - W4TME
SmartSDR Development Roadmap
The SmartSDR Development Roadmap (in PDF format) outlines the proposed SmartSDR for Windows feature sets and target release dates for ver...
  • 8 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of W5XZ - dan
rx pre-amp
it sure is nice to have a pre amp available on the low bands, with low gain, directional receiving antennas...one more external box i can...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
SSDR 0.14.xx ?
Yes, I know it's only been a week since SSDR 0.13.10 dropped. Any word on how 0.14 is proceeding? Hints on what we can look forward to?
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Brad - N6SPM
Heil Goldline Mic and 6500 Adapter Cable
I have a Heil Goldline Mic I plan to use with my 6500. I see that the Flex store sells an adapter cable, cc-1-y that looks appropriate. ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tim - W4TME
When do I need to use the FLEX-6000 RF Preamp?
by Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR Answer: On HF - almost never. I had the opportunity in April to take a pre-production FLEX-6700 to Rob ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arnie
How to determine radio's IP address and UDP/TCP ports needed?
Can anyone tell me how to determine what the IP address is that my 6500 is using as well as which UDP/TCP ports are needed? Tnx es 73 d...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E
flex control not working
Got my Flex 6500 in the today 19 Aug. the only problem I have is the Flex Control is assign to com 4 but does not move the slice receivin...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Travis Best
Signalink and Aux Port
Using a signalink USB with the Aux Port with audio from SignaLink Turned Up 100% its still not enough audio to really drive the radio
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Travis Best
Balance Line Audio and Aux Port
When using the aux port with a signalink the audio from my mic is also transmitted with the aux port ptt is keyed
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Bill - K7UOP
VAC I/Q output for CW Skimmer
I hope that I/Q output via VAC is planned. External programs like CW Skimmer could take advantage. SmartSDR should output a great eno...
  • 4 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Arnie
How to get audio in/out of 6500 to computer sound card?
How are people successfully getting audio to/from their 6500 radios into their computer sound cards? Which ports are you using on the 650...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Marv
Keying relay in amplifier
Everything on my 6500 seems to be working great except for keying my Alpha 8410 amplifier. I put an ohm meter across the keying line whi...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of N4TTY
A problem for me anyway, that others may stumble across
Just gave myself a big scare. Thought I had whacked two years off my life expectancy! Radio arrived yesterday and things went togethe...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem