Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two Instances of WSJTX Different Slices

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Has the process for doing this changed since the thread that addressed the issues a couple of years ago.  
I am interested in doing it with JT Alerts and DX Lab Commander 
Andy K3UK

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Not sure which thread you're referring to.

The way I do it is to set up each slice with a different DAX and CAT , and for each instance of WSJT-X you should add a command line parameter ( --rig-name=<name>)  for that instance. It will create two separate directories with log files and such. 
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, that is how I have done it previously.   I'm not sure what you mean by "IT will create two separate directories ".  
    Andy 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    If you have two different instance names, the app data files are stored each in their own directory. 
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2017
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Ria!!
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2017
    FYI, using Commander for PTT so can log to DX Keeper
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2017
    I spoke too soon.  Using Commander, eventually A follows B and both instances end up on same frequency. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I just set up WSJT-X with its own CAT port
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I will probably do same.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited December 2017
    I have two instances now set via two TCP ports in SmartCAT and work well.  How are you logging?  Log to a third party logging application of just WSJTX's log and then ADIF import to logging software ?  
    Andy K3UK
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    As usual, Ria's instructions are perfect. 

I'm not gonna lie, having 20M and 40M WSJT-X FT8 going simultaneously is a treat. Combined with JT-Bridge to integrate across OS to MacLoggerDX, with the ability to click on any desired CQ and have the radio and transmit slice follow automatically....

MAGIC!!!! :-) 
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ria

Can you post an example of running several instances of WSJT.

thanks Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.