Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Your first Remote SmartLink SmartSDR connection -- or, how to get your remote friend connected to yo

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
Another video ... :)

This one is for your first SmartSDR SmartLink connection over the internet.  It is the video you can get your friend to watch so he can configure SmartSDR remotely, login and a quick walkthrough of SmartSDR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEctXuWBHME

Comments

• Lou Dietrich
    Lou Dietrich Member
    edited December 2018
    Mike...excellent!
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Much needed video thanks. Well done.
    I guess not much to see on the physical end for now until....TBD...

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Mike, good job done !

Only a wish: speak a little bit slower sometimes and a bit louder  :-)

All none native English speaker outside US will be thankful

Merry Christmas
    73 Chris DL5NAM
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2018
    Hi Chris

I don't know if I can do slow!!  Louder, I can deal with.  

Merry Christmas, Mike va3mw

• Jud KE5OPL
    Jud KE5OPL Member
    edited January 2019
    I tested my smartlink network setting with my 6300 and linksys router, and it keeps failing. I tried to setup a manual port forwarding also. It still fails. Any ideas for further troubleshooting? I have my 6300 on the LAN using a wifi extender.

works fine on the network, not remote, though. 

James KE5OPL
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jud

We will need some more information to debug this.  Sorry for all the questions, but we need to start at the beginning.

Do you get a Green or Red light when you tested it?

Did you do a PTT registration?   This is part of the initial SmartLink setup.

On your Router, do you see the uPNP port forwards - there should be some page that will show the uPNP ones that are in use?

Thanks, that will help us narrow it down.

Mike 
  • Jud KE5OPL
    Jud KE5OPL Member
    edited January 2019
    I use a linksys router and bridge behind my att uverse modem/router. I had to setup both router and modem to manual port forwarding then the green test light came on. Will test later to see if I have smartlink access from internet.
    ...one step at a time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.