You need to pay this guy! K0CN

• Praise
  • Updated 10 months ago
Ok I hope FRS has Al K0CN on their payroll because his latest YouTube video is really awesome. I thought I knew what all the filters did and how to adjust them but after watching Al's video it now makes a lot more sense. So my tin foil hat is off to you Al. 73
Photo of Rory - N6OIL

Rory - N6OIL

• 301 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
  • Thankful

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Rory - N6OIL

Rory - N6OIL

• 301 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Oh i almost forgot another ham I would like to mention is Ken NM9P for his great video on setting up mic profiles. 
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 931 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Helpful video from Al. And Ken's videos on setting up great audio have been real helpful too.

Steve Ellington has some nice vids also. He has a detailed one for setting up AGC-T with a demo of what things sound like when it is set right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwm6rszuMis&t=11s

K4DSP, Doug has a good one on setting up a VHF transverter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JQ0SIUlI8

Maybe we need some Flex Webby awards complete with walks down the red carpet and the showing off of wardrobes. Well, maybe just the award.

Thanks to those that share.

Kev K4VD
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4203 Posts
  • 1338 Reply Likes
I was thinking about making a video tutorial about these exact controls. I guess I can mark it off my list. K0CN has done a better job than I would have done on this one! Well done!
Photo of Steve W6SDM

Steve W6SDM

• 625 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
Rory, very nicely done.  That was easy to follow, even for me.  I haven't done a whole lot of experimenting with the various noise filters, but I will now.
Photo of Dallas Ward

Dallas Ward

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Al's K0CN video on noise mitigation uses a red line to imply the Wideband noise control.  It would be wonderful if that red line is incorporated into the  SSDR package.  The guess work would be supplemented with a visual indication on where the level is set. Could it be turned on and off if possible?