Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yamaha CM500 headset connection to 6500 rear connectors

I want to connect a Yamaha CM500 headset/mike to the rear connectors of the 6500. Can someone advise the best way to do this?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The easiest way is to wire your own headset connector and connect the +5 VDC bias line (Pin 2 on the 8-pin Foster connector) to the mic+ pin (pin 8).
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Tim, Which pin does the bias button in the TX panel power? Andrew
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    As noted above, it is pin 2 on the 8-pin Foster connector.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Is there a foster connector on the rear panel? I don't see one on my 6500. --Arnie W8DU
  • Richard, N7HX
    Richard, N7HX Member
    edited August 2013
    The only Foster connector is on the front.
  • Mark - W6MSB
    Mark - W6MSB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Richard - did you ever get an answer on how to connect your CM500 to the *rear* panel??
  • Richard, N7HX
    Richard, N7HX Member
    edited December 2013
    I hooked the CM500 up to the front connector and connected a Heil mike to the rear. When I asked how the quality of the audio from the CM500 was compared to the Heil, I was told that the Heil sounded much better.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.