Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yaesu MD-100 desk microphone 5 volt power for it's preamp with 6400

Craig Williams
Craig Williams Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I see posts about using the Yaesu MD-100 with the 6400 but none address the 5 volts required to power it's equalizer. In the microphone the common for the 5V is the microphone - connection. It is isolated from the "chassis" ground. Question is, if I make 5V from a 3 leg 7805 volt regulator and use the 6400 microphone - lead for ti's common will that harm the 6400? ( As a note the flex 3000 was Yaesu compatible but the microphone - and chassis grounds were tied together from what I can read on the schematic and yes, I know with the 8 band equalizer in the Flex I don't need the amp active in the MD-100 but if I have something I want the option to use it even though I don't need it. )

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Life is too short, just use the eq in the radio.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hello Craig,

Flex would have to respond to your 5V question as the 1/8" TRS connector on the 6400 can provide 3V according to the Hardware Reference manual...

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well, my 6400 arrived at 13:30. I made a patch cable from an ethernet cable so I can use my MD-100 with 2 radios, equalizer bypassed. Followed all the instructions from Flex and it is working great. THEN I REALIZED, the flex hand mike is like all Yaesu hand mikes. It has an RJ45 plug that plugs into the bottom of the mike. I could have un plugged the cable from the mic and plugged into my RJ45 switch box! Well, at least I got to use my soldering iron today.

• LU5FC
    LU5FC Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi. I have an M-100 from Yaesu. is it the same as MD-100 ?. He also asks for 5v.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.