Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

XIT/RIT Reset & Flexcontrol Nit

Dave - WB5NHL
Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Very minor nit. When using Flexcontrol for XIT or RIT. Press button, Flexcontrol button lights and XIT or RIT in the slice lights as soon as Flexcontrol is moved all good.
Now press Flexcontrol knob to reset. Flexcontrol button light goes out, but XIT (or RIT) button on the slice does NOT go out!
Minor, just something to put on your GUI nits to fix.
Love 1.2.1

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Actually this is by design.  When you press the knob, the function you have defined there becomes active.  In the default FC configuration, the knob tunes the active slice, so once you click the knob, RIT is not changing with a rotation of the knob, the slice is tuning.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Tim, you misunderstand. The XIT/RIT functionality is fine. It is just the "lighted" buttons indicating whether XIT/RIT indicating whether it is active. The button light goes out on Flexcontrol fine but the XIT/RIT in the slice remains lit (indicating active) when it is NOT.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Double click the RIT button to turn it off and zero the offset.  When you press the knob it only enables the slice tune feature, it does not explicitly disable other functions.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Let me ask a dumb question then.  Why when the flexcontrol is back into the tune slice mode is the XIT light still lit. Neither the Flexcontrol knob (of course) NOR the mouse changes the XIT on the active slice though XIT is lit? I think confusing XIT lit should be able to change, right?
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    sorry of course mouse clicks do change the XIT just not the flexcontrol

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    If the XIT still has an offset in it, I think it's valid for the XIT light to be lit to indicate that XIT is in operation.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Offset is zero

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You are going to have to describe the "XIT light" as the one on the FlexControl or the one on the SSDR console before I can comment.  My testing is the LEDs on the FlexControl for RIT and XIT work the same.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    The "XIT light" is the button to click on the slice flag under the X/RIT to activate XIT. The logic I'm trying to get at is when you turn off XIT from the flexcontrol I would assume it would turned off in SmartSDR.  I'm sorry to be so cryptic it would really easy to demonstrate in person <grin>.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.  The FlexControl is not a stateful device.  It is an interface that fires commands to the radio and the radio does what it is told.  So once you click the RIT button, the active slice has RIT set on.  The FlexControl lights up it's LED based on a button press and will increments or decrements the RIT frequency based on the rotation of the knob; that is all.  When you press another button or the knob, the FlexControli fires off another command to radio not knowing the state of the previous command, so it doesn't operat on the logic I need to turn off the previous control state before I initialize a new control state.  This is what the X/RIT button double click action is for; to zero the X/RIT offset and turn off X/RIT.

So what you are asking for is a change in the nature of the behavior of the FlexControl which you can do with an Idea post.  It isn't a bug as both R/XIT and the FlexControl are working as designed.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I kinda came to the conclusion it was as designed, eventually. It's so small an item not worth any effort, just getting used to operation.  Thanks for your effort responding to my comments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.