Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

XIT in SmartSDR for Windows

mlstutler
mlstutler Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in New Ideas
I really like using XIT with my 6400.  It allows me to free up a slice receiver to monitor another band.  When using the Maestro I can adjust the XIT with the VFO.  
 I  know you can use the Flex Knob and get the same adjustment.   I think a more elegant way would be to give the mouse the ability to drag and change the XIT frequency just like the VFO works.   I would set the XIT to 500 and when the red band appears I would be able to just drag it with the mouse.   

Has anyone asked for this feature before.  If not what do you think about the usefulness of my idea.

Mike

Comments

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    There's a feature in Slice Master 6000's CW Skimmer integration that gets close to what you are looking for.  But, if you're not using CW and CW Skimmer it wont help much.  Like Slice Master itself, this feature is a work in progress.  I haven't received any comments on it, so it's still firmly in the "it works for me category".  The idea is that you enable the feature for either XIT or RIT, then click somewhere near (500hz right now) the current VFO setting in CW Skimmer's waterfall.  Instead of moving the VFO, Slice Master will move the XIT or RIT for you.  If you click outside the 500hz window, Slice Master will just move the VFO as usual.
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just tried Slice Master yesterday and was impressed.   I look forward to seeing it.  The current implementation in SmartSDR is not very useful. I can't imagine changing it to a dragging model would be too involved.

thx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.