Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

XBOX ONE

Jay
Jay Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Interference with xbox one. When my son turns on his xbox one there are a series of signals across about 30hz apart of course I see it on my screen with this beautiful 6300. Will try to capture it somehow. Has anyone come across this interference?

Jay n2gq

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I would add some Mix 43 or Mix 31 chokes to the Lan cables and power cables on the Xbox one. Chuck has written a great article about just this sort of thing. http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Welcome to Part 15.

Does the Xbox have a wall-wart supply? change it to an analog one if you can. Then beef up all the in and out cabling, especially the HDMI and power leads. Ferrites on them all (you can never have too many). You might also want to see what can be done about internal RF suppression. Metal tape (from Home Depot, etc) can be used to great benefit on plastic cases as long as you're careful about ventilation.

Of course, you could go all legal on him and tell him that he must cease operation due to interference caused to your licensed installation. Good luck with that, Dad.

• Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

I disconnected the lan cable at the router and the signals were reduced so I am going to start with that and some ferrites. Then I probably would try the legal stuff :). Going to read article suggested by Michael's link.

Jay n2gq

• Rhett Aultman
    Rhett Aultman Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    I'd love to see the screen capture (on Windows machines, you can get a screen capture with the "Print Screen" button, which copies it to the clipboard, and then bringing up Paint and doing CTRL+V to paste).  I've got some regular RFI coming from my U-Verse modem, and I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, they'll look similar.
  • Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Arrows indicate the xbox one noise

• Rhett Aultman
    Rhett Aultman Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Ah.  Yeah, not like the ones coming off my U-Verse modem.  It's a similar spacing, but those come in clusters of three spurs.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    I can hear it now...

Sorry, kid.  I know you like your X-box but I like my ham radio more.  Plus, there's this DX pile-up on 20 meters...

I guess junior will have to start studying for the license exam.  :)
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Just one example of a large number of gadgets in every household that advance the pan adapter's noise level.  FCC where are you when we need you?
  • Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Well I disconnected the lan cable from router and It remove the noise completely. I will leave it like that until ferrite cores I ordered get here. Good thing is my son can use xbox one via wifi.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    TaDa! That was an easy one. But, it shows just how much lack of RF suppression there is in a basic household.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.