Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WWV and GEN with 1.38

kc7cm radio
kc7cm radio Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Everytime I press the WWV band button, the radio goes to 14884.63 KHz.   And sometimes when I press then press GEN, I get two open slices around the same frequency (148xx KHz)   I have pressed WWV and moved the dial TO WWV, hoping it would stick, but to no avail.   Never had this problem with 1.30.    Am I the only one with this?  And if so, what am I missing ?

Thanks, Walt

Answers

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Have you check to see if the slice goes to W (wide). 

I have notice that once in a while I click on the HRD cluster and the frequency jumps to another band way out 30 MHz plus. And the W (wide) indicator shows up.   

I am keeping and eye on this, since it happened twice early today.

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
      Mine just goes to 15, 000.000 on ssb or cw.
      Rig is 6500.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The WWV "band" is 15.000 MHz +/- 10 kHz.  If you select WWV (default=15 MHz) and change the frequency within the WWV band, then band persistence will remember that new frequency as the WWV band frequency.

You may have some lingering issues in the persistence database.  I would export your global profiles, do a persistence database reset item 2 on page 6 of the SSDR v1.3.8 Release Notes) and then re-import your profiles.  This may clear up the anomalies you are seeing.
  • kc7cm radio
    kc7cm radio Member
    edited October 2014

Thanks Tim - that seems to have cleaned it all up.   You guys are such good help.

Walt

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    OT (but the title is spot on for this): What do WWV and GEN do? I assume from the above that WWV takes one to the US time signal station (nothing about it in the manual) but what about GEN?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Gen = general coverage WWW _=. WWV TIME SIGNAL
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Howard. That link you sent was for the current issue of RadCom - the monthly RSGB magazine. Would have got back to you earlier, but I was busy the past 25 hrs, hi hi.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ok. Someone else posted the PDF I'm Finally back in California now  Flights Took forever okay I knowI will upgrade to 1.3.8 and soon as I'm over bit of jetlag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.