Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WW Transceiver survey

Sergey R5AU
Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
i guess will be interesting to take a part of https://dx-world.net/worldwide-transceiver-survey/

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    A "favorite maker" poll on a DX website "powered by Icom" might be interesting, but won't have much real value.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    adv is adv just for money collection purpose instead lead by Elekraft  ))
    btw so low feedback with Flex i think necessary to be improved
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Paul, it's not a true random poll, so it says nothing about the larger ham community.  It's not limited to licensed amateurs or those who own transceivers, so it says nothing about sales.  
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I voted
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

The picture is George W9EVT.  It is an older picture when he had a Flex-5000 (it physically was behind the monitor showing the Icom IC-7800's display). 

Current W9EVT shack photos show his blue Hilberling PT-8800A and his Maestro, as he has a Flex-6300 (which as a radio server is happy tucked away again behind a monitor).

"Sponsor's bias" showing in that they used a 5-6 year shot that centered on the sponsor's products?

Can't say I blame them, as I might have considered doing the same thing in selection.

Here is George's Shack from last fall:

Steve K9ZW
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Before I recuse myself on this subject, online polls can be hacked by fanatics and cast unlimited votes, so though it's a quick snapshot is interesting with well intentions and doesn't yet deserve to be called a fake poll, but it will be spoiled by someone with an agenda and at that point becomes a useless poll. Fake poll.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Mike, many polls could be fake as we know for now ), however any one can be used for statistic purpose. What are missing in poll above - statistic countries of users., rest are powered by sponsor )
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    How is this not a random poll? What is that makes it biased one way or the other? You are simply speculating.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

it is NOT RANDOM

It's very easy to vote multiple times by using different IP addresses
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The website poll is not scientific whatsoever. It's a cute snapshot. A base of people who regularly frequent the site will be the main source of voting but as the link gets around there will be more votes coming in and eventually it could be a target. The integrity of any website poll is based on the integrity of the person running it and the people who cast a vote. Any person who has knowledge of web applications and has access to the use database used can very easily browse the database and manipulate entries. Then of course there is the external hacker who could use an IP bot to manipulate the online poll. I am not making any accusations against this website poll at all, I am just commenting that a website poll can be manipulated.
    I have a bit of knowledge on this subject as hackers get off at attacking vulnerable online apps like forms and polls. Not as a hacker but as a webmaster of site that was getting over 6 millions hits a month. When fighting against hacking and repairing damage starting taking up too much of my time, I had to get out.
    Then of course you have those dead people who always come to life when it's comes time to vote. Why are some people so afraid of voter ID? I know, voter ID may actually improve the integrity of the vote. Of course I'm talking about web voting, NOT.
    I'm just saying I had to show my drivers license during our last election. My **** didn't fall off, the sky didn't fall. I just had to prove who I was, no big deal. I guess if I was pretending to be someone else then it would be a big deal. Now it makes sense, the light bulb has been switched on, I get it. Voter ID is bad for people pretending to be someone else.
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Comrades, No doubt this a futile effort by the Japanese equipment manufacturers to distort reality! Все в Автодор, товарищи! Грузите апельсины бочках братья Карамазовы. Командовать парадом буду я! image
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Mike i fully agree with you, this is world realities for today: with any opinion could be manipulated or used in opposite in case vote with closed eyes or do not understand  of details.
    For the time being any internet poll without personality identification is False/Fake what could be/can be/will be used for some falsification.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    this is true - as example i vote for Expert SDR (i have SunSDR2pro) with mobile and vote for Flex( F6700 owner)  from home PC
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    this is true - as example i vote for Expert SDR (i have SunSDR2pro) with mobile and vote for Flex( F6700 owner)  from home PC
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Can't see it's wrong voting anyhow? Showing that we Flexonians are out there and making some noise about or choise of radios :) Flex won't beat ICOM anyway. How could it? based on the shear no of ICOM's sold during many many moonlapses .. I voted to show I care about Flex getting as many votes as they can get.
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Here’s the data from WRTC2018 Top 10 winners by make of radio: 7 Yaesu (mostly 5000s) 6 Icom (mostly 7851/7800s) 4 Elecraft 3 Kenwood (590s) The only SDRs were Icom 7610s. 10 teams x 2 radios each = total of 20 radios

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.