Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSPR & Cat Control

Options
Larry Williamson
Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello,
I have WSPR up and running fine however I have yet to be able to get the cat control to connect to the rig. I have WSJT-X working along with Fldigi. I have read just about everything here on the forums with no luck yet. I am using the Kenwood 2000 just as I normally would and have try all com port options-- Picture shows the error I get --- Any help on this one? Thank You

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Try TS-480
    AL, K0VM
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have luck with TS2000, baud 38400, 8-2-N PTT is CAT, Mode USB Split None.
    John W9ILY
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Please take a look at this thread:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/i-am-trying-to-get-my-new-6600-working-with-wsjt-x-...

There's no need to use a COM port to talk to the radio from WSJT-X.  Using a simple TCP port (as shown in the thread) is much simpler and more reliable.

You didn't say what model radio you are using.  Please note the special case for 6400s and 6600s.

Dave / NX6D

• Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ok thanks---- Well try it tonight and report back. The funny thing is WSJT-X or any of the variances
     work great--- It just seems to be the WSPR software.
    Rig is a 6500
  • WF7B
    WF7B Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Try...image
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Al: After much frustration, your suggestion to use the Kenwood TS-480 rig #228  with WSPR cat control worked with my 6600 and SmartSDR 2.3.9! 
    Thanks very much.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Check out the video on our YouTube channel about using slice master. I think you’ll find it an awful lot easier.
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    For using WSPR net, I have WSJT-X and WSPR. 
    WSJT-X has many more user controls for WSPR operation which I find quite convenient.  It also has the convenient elapsed timer (for the 2 minute cycles) which WSPR does not posses.
    WSPR program works but provides the bare minimum of information and controls. I far prefer the full features of WSJT-X plus it offers quickly switching to the other digital modes in its feature set.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.