Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTX woes.

N6OIL
N6OIL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
So let me tell you a story about my WSJT-X problem. I had just got my 6500 back from Flex after issues with the CPU cooling fan and was getting things setup for JT65, I run the dev builds and have been working flawlessly. I was transmitting fine but no rcv on my RX1 A slice, made a few tweaks and was working then I noticed that DAX was not checked and so I clicked it and my XMIT was still working then I lost RX/decodes. So played around with different RX's and slices no joy. I recompiled to the latest version and still now RX was being passed, I tested other software packages and it was fine with them. So on a whim I said "lets try the stable release version 1.6.x and guess what decodes are working. Have not tried a new recompiled version of 1.7. When I launch it I get errors so for now I'll stick with 1.6. I suspect something got corrupted in the WSJT-X .ini file. Weekend is coming up so I'll mess with then. Thanks for listening. Also still happy with my Flex.

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    1.7.0-devel r5962 runs without problems here on a Win7 64bit system.

If you have any audio or cable driver problems with WSJT-X, it always comes down to either a corrupted ini file or a few times to DAX not running properly.

Just delete the WSJT-X folder in XXXAppDataLocal and WSJT-X and reinstall WSJT-X
    1.6. Next delete all files from the program folder leaving only the uninstall.exe and write the 1.7.0-devel rxxxx bin and plugin folders into this folder.

This has helped me when WSJT-X did'nt work properly anymore.

Tip1: Always keep backups of the above mentioned folder and of the WSJT-X
             program folder.
    Tip2: If you compile, rename the old bin folder to bin_old and keep it until you
             know that the new compiled version runs without bugs. This way you can
             easily switch back to the last version.

73, Alex -  DH2ID
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Rory, I found the DAX driver is a little flaky. I get the same thing you do, so I stop it and restart it. Usually that is good for my session.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I returned to ham radio several weeks ago; after one and a half year absent from using my Flex-6700. My last version of SmartSDR was v1.4 and I needed to come up to v1.8: With a little bit of help from Dudley at FRS and a phone call to my friend KF2T, George. They helped resolved the issues; such as the one you are currently having.
    Those issues could have been resolved, if I had read the manuals. But, I was in a hurry to get my station on the air.
    May I suggest to you; update your v1.7 to v1.8 and your computer software has the latest up dates.
    I have not had any issues with DAX or CAT settings, Mind you, I am just and average computer user.
    Since that, I updated to Win10 and all my Global Settings are working okay. Plus, WJST-X and HRD v6.3.5 are working perfectly on all bands and modes.
    If I can be of any further help, send me an email to w4eg@hotmail.com and I will send you my home phone number. 
    I will be happy to help you!
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
     I am running the latest code from FRS and computer is a Win 7 Pro box but I don't take the auto updates from Microsoft, so I'll take a look and see if any of them happen to deal with audio or I/O drivers. Thanks 
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I failed to mentioned that I was using Win7/64 Pro. Then, after several weeks of confirmation that it was operating to my satisfaction.  I then switched to Win10; which I am highly satisfied, with the new operating system.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.