Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wsjtx will not receive

WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have used WSJTx for at least a year with success......but now it won't receive, DIGIU...DAX Channels in SmarSDR (2.6.1) are set up correctly......Channel 1.......WSJT X.....DAX RX1......levels are set correctly...DAX Channels are named correctly in the Computer Sound Control Panel.....and I see the level change within DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1 in the sound panel....no duplicate names.....transmits correctly.....running WSJT-X v2.1.0, FT8 mode, WSJT waterfall is scrolling, on 14.074....I have uninstalled WSJT and reinstalled.....rebooted computer...I am at a loss....

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Change DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1 to DAX AUDIO RX 1 in wsjt.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't think "DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1" is the correct sound Device, Here are the correct settings for Slice 1  "DAX AUDIO RX 1".
     I think the "RESERVED" device's are used internal to the computer.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Also, be aware there is a known issue where after some period of time for some people DAX will become corrupted.   The only known solution is to restart DAX which means restarting WSJT-X as well.

Flex knows about the issue and is working on it.

I have the issue when using DAX 1.   If I switch to DAX 3 I do not get corruption.

Just FYI
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited October 2019
    In many cases it also works to simply cycle the DAX RX Channel off and on in the DAX COntrol Panel.  This resets the DAX Buffer.  and It usually does not require restarting WSJT-X.  Other cases require a restart of DAX.

And Yes, NEVER use the RESERVED audio drivers.  Those are reserved as the "Radio End" of the virtual audio cable.
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for all the quick responses.....while I was waiting...I uninstalled DAX and reinstalled and all is working now.....apparently there was an issue with DAX talking to WSJT....
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Well it worked fine...stopped and I had to restart DAX....worked then stopped again......I tried RX3....but that didn't work either.....restarted...didn't work......went back to RX1 and nothing....I have tried every DAX Channel...nothing...then suddenly started working on DAX 4
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Constantly having to restart DAX......works a few minutes...then stops...useless this way....
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It drives me crazy as well. I have to play with DAX everytime I change profiles. Been thinking about going back to 2.4.9 as many others have. Other things to check would be the PC time and a reboot of everything including the router. Start fresh.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Locate sound panel and check "listen to this device" to hear the data stream from DAX. If it becomes scratchy sounding etc it's time to restart DAX. DAX can become corrupt if run for long periods of time or if the computer fails to provide prompt service time for the application.
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks.....I have rebooted a lot.....but not the router....
    It quit again...then I selected a different channel....started working......about a  minute later it stopped....
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Are you sure your time is exact? sounds like you may be off a few seconds
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Well..it doesn't run long enough to be able to use WSJTx.....
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Try setting your computer time with your phone time as close as possible, and try that.
  • Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    edited April 2020
    We have seen this procedure cure WSJTx issues.  Not sure if it will solve this one. 

1) Close WSJT-X, SmartSDR, DAX, CAT, etc.

2) In Windows, find your "C: > Users > username >Local > AppData >WSJT-X" file folder.

3) Rename the WSJT-X folder to "WSJT-X-Old"

4) Reboot the computer

5) Restart SmartSDR and CAT.

6) Restart WSJT-X and it will rebuild the AppData folder.

7) You will need to recreate your configuration settings.

8) Test it.

9) if it now works, go to the WSJT-X-Old and copy your wsjtx.logand wsjtx_log.adi files to the new WSJT-X folder. If it asks if you want tooverwrite the existing (new) ones, say OK.

This process may work to eliminate a corrupted configurationfile in the WSJT-X folder.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Here is a link to a discussion on the WSJT-X board regarding latency issues with WSJT-X, Windows and DAX. Bottomline.... Complex interaction between WSJT-X, Windows and DAX drivers and programs. Note in this posting Flex/ Tim Ellison was supportive but there was no magic.
    https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/topic/another_case_of_decoding/32495572?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0::,,,0,0,0,324...

• Dave KØKQ
    Dave KØKQ Member
    edited October 2019
    I quit trying to get DAX and WSJT to play together.

Would finally get things sorted, then stopped working the next hour or the next day.

Secondly, my (very) remote site has such poor up-link bandwidth, DAX was just too bandwidth heavy.

The fix here has been VBAudio. It has worked flawlessly on the remote both 6300 and 6500 for two years. Little bandwidth (compared to DAX) and reliable once set up.

Must be set up in audio / recording and playback. WSJT settings / audio input / output.

Very reliable on low bandwidth connection remote. Comes up "everyday".

Dave

• Jeff Eli
    Jeff Eli Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    What worked for me when I had similar problems was just to make a new wsjt-x configuration file. Somehow the configuration file I was using became corrupt. Might want to try this before trying the above.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Change to dax 3 and see if same result.  My dax 3 is good, dax 1 continuously corrupts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.