Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTX Log Upload to LOTW

Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Running a Flex 6300 with HRD.  Have not had any issues since the beginning with this setup.  I recently setup WSJTX so I could run FT8.  After some pesky troubles I finally got it working.  My problem is with logging and uploading my HRD log to LOTW.  The procedure I have been using is log the QSOs with WSJTX and then import the WSJTX log file into HRD log book and it takes it all OK,  Here's the issue.  When I try to upload the QSOs (in the HRD Log) to LOTW that were logged by WSJTX I get the following message:"Failed to sign ADFI with TQSL.  See log file for more info" .  Where in heck is the Log File?  I have loaded and setup JTalert with the same results.  QSOs logged directly with HRD upload just fine.  Has anybody run into this or have some ideas?  TNX Al W1JHU

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    You are likelyusing an. Older version of TQSL which does. Not recognize FT8 UPDATE TQSL
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, I agree with Howard. Older versions of TQSL will not sign logs that contain "FT8" in the mode field.  This was because LOTW was waiting for ADIF to formally define the details of the mode, which didn't happen until sometime in August, I think.  Rather than fill my LOTW log with lots of "Data" mode QSOs, I held off uploading to LOTW for weeks until this was resolved.

Fire up TQSL and use the Help menu option to install the latest updates.

As for the error log, that may be question for HRD.  I use DXLABs and they put the error log on the screen, so I became aware of the source of the problem right away.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It's not as much TQSL as it is the configuration file. 

http://www.arrl.org/TrustedQSL/tQSL-help/configxml.htm

The config file enabled FT8 mode after it was added to the spec. 
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    True (of course), but the way to update the configuration file is to run the Update process.  MoxNix.
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I had a similar problem with another logger. I updated my Tqsl program. The first thing it did was download a new configuration file. At that point I could upload FT8 with no errror messages. 73 de Carl N8VZ
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Al,
    Several; months ago, I had the same issue that you are experiencing with WSJT-x (FT8) and HRD.https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/search/show Or, do a search here on the Forum for "How to load HRD FT8 QSO's."  As you'll note, I reposted this issue right above. So that you don't have to go searching.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks to all who replied to my question regarding uploading FT8 QSOs to LOTW.  As suggested by many I updated my TQSL and that did it.  Many, many thanks. Al W1JHU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.