Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTX hamlib time out error

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Following Tim's instructions regarding SmartSDR and WSJTX 1.7 but I still get Rig Control errors .  The details behind the error reveal a hamlib timeout issue .  Initially CAT works as expected but after 20-30 seconds the errors pops up.  Anyone solved this ?
Andy K3UK

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Andy

Which Model? If it was a 6300, then this thread might be useful information.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/beta-and-wsjt-x

JTSDK should now be building in the missing 6300 lines.

If it was related to using the Flexradio 6xxx option in WSJTX 1.7.

It lets you use a TCP CAT port. to connect using Ethernet.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Marty VK2VCC
    Marty VK2VCC Member
    edited August 2017
    I had a similar issue with HRD and it ended up being Polling was glagged in hrd and i didnt know it. Unflagged that and it solved my problem.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the suggestions.  Polling tweaks made no difference.  However, things are working now after I gave up, too a break for an hour and everything worked after I rebooted software. The main changes I made were messing with the "fake it" setting in WSJTX.  With that off, things improved.   I know have it set as per Tim's instruction bulletin , Kenwood TS2000 set as the radio .  I may try the TCP setting though, looks interesting.

• Marty VK2VCC
    Marty VK2VCC Member
    edited August 2017
    Well ..glad you got results from a break..hi hi..typical isnt it with this stuff. Walk away and it comes good. Tomorrow you will turn on and something new. Its a hams life.lol. Happy new year. 73
  • DL2KBQ
    DL2KBQ Member
    edited October 2019
    Hello and happy new year to everyone!
    I have the same issue when using Ham Radio Deluxe (actual Version 6.3.0.613) with my Flex6300 and the beta 1.10.8 - after update no connect to the radio was possible, stuck while getting / reading frequency from the radio. So I went back to 1.9.13 and all works fine again. I think there are some communication issues or variations. 73 DL2KBQ

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I believe you are correct Guenther. I have been working on this issue since I updated to SmartSDR v1.10.8...
    I will look into it later this week and hope to solve the issues as many of you have!
    Andy (K3UK) for the last several weeks, I thought that I was the only one facing that issue: I am glad you asked it....73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.