WSJTX hamlib time out error

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Following Tim's instructions regarding SmartSDR and WSJTX 1.7 but I still get Rig Control errors .  The details behind the error reveal a hamlib timeout issue .  Initially CAT works as expected but after 20-30 seconds the errors pops up.  Anyone solved this ?
Andy K3UK
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

  • 379 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

  • 1471 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
Andy

Which Model? If it was a 6300, then this thread might be useful information.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/beta-and-wsjt-x

JTSDK should now be building in the missing 6300 lines.

If it was related to using the Flexradio 6xxx option in WSJTX 1.7.

It lets you use a TCP CAT port. to connect using Ethernet.

  SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

  73, Jay - NO5J

Photo of Marty Gibson

Marty Gibson

  • 30 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
I had a similar issue with HRD and it ended up being Polling was glagged in hrd and i didnt know it.
Unflagged that and it solved my problem.
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

  • 379 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Thanks for the suggestions.  Polling tweaks made no difference.  However, things are working now after I gave up, too a break for an hour and everything worked after I rebooted software. The main changes I made were messing with the "fake it" setting in WSJTX.  With that off, things improved.   I know have it set as per Tim's instruction bulletin , Kenwood TS2000 set as the radio .  I may try the TCP setting though, looks interesting.
Photo of Marty Gibson

Marty Gibson

  • 30 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Well ..glad you got results from a break..hi hi..typical isnt it with this stuff. Walk away and it comes good. Tomorrow you will turn on and something new.
Its a hams life.lol.
Happy new year. 73
Photo of Horst-A. Guenther

Horst-A. Guenther

  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello and happy new year to everyone!
I have the same issue when using Ham Radio Deluxe (actual Version 6.3.0.613) with my Flex6300 and the beta 1.10.8 - after update no connect to the radio was possible, stuck while getting / reading frequency from the radio. So I went back to 1.9.13 and all works fine again. I think there are some communication issues or variations. 73 DL2KBQ
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

  • 588 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
I believe you are correct Guenther. I have been working on this issue since I updated to SmartSDR v1.10.8...
I will look into it later this week and hope to solve the issues as many of you have!
Andy (K3UK) for the last several weeks, I thought that I was the only one facing that issue: I am glad you asked it....73