WSJTX-FT8 and the Flex 6600-Occasional Loss of Transmit Function

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
I'm occasionally losing the Transmit function using WSJTX-FT8 and the Flex 6600. I have to reboot the WSJTX software and then it works. Anyone else have this problem?
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of N3RC

N3RC

• 22 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes. Seems to occur randomly every couple of hours with my 6600/3.0.27

Roger N3RC
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I think I have the older version of WSJTX will look it up this evening.  But it tends to lose the transmit function after I have set it up for requesting a QSO and not when I'm replying to one.
Photo of N3RC

N3RC

• 22 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes. Seems to occur randomly every couple of hours with my 6600/3.0.27

Roger N3RC
Photo of John - AI4FR

John - AI4FR

• 325 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
Same here. Been doing it for the last 2 years. Hit transmit and the rig goes into transmit but no RF is sent. Happens maybe once or twice a week. Another issue is the "Decode" button will stay lit at times and all decoding will stop. Shut down wsjt and start it again fixes everything. I have assumed it has something to do with either my PC or WSJT as the same issue occurs when I run a legacy radio. A fresh install of Windows 7 a while back did not cure the problem.

SSDR v2.4.9
WSJT-X v2.1.0
I always run jtalert with WSJT-X
Win 7 with i7-980x cpu 24gig ram
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 454 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
I had the same issue with my 6600 starting last month but it turned out to be a hardware issue!  Initially it was only once or twice a day, then more frequently while running FT8.  Red TX light goes on but no power or SWR indication, only ALC meter working normally.  Before rebooting radio and computer I would try mode change to SSB and or Tune but same results.  Reboot sometimes works while other times not.  Then a few days later it would not come back at all (TX).  I started trouble ticket and was directed to send radio back to Flex for checkout.  Turns out Q3 and Q4 were faulty on the PA Assembly.   I've had my 6600 for just over a year and a half before this issue presented. 

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
So far in my case a reboot of FT-8 software works. I'll have to keep an eye from what you described
Photo of Rick WR0H

Rick WR0H

• 49 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I don't have the issue at all.  Heres my WSJT-X configuration:

Also, I do not use JTAlert.  

Hope that helps.

Rick WR0H

Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I'll check my settings, something has changed in the Windows update it was working perfect for over a year now.
Photo of John - AI4FR

John - AI4FR

• 325 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
It just might Rick. I am using Kenwood 2000 with com ports. I've been thinking of experimenting and changing things over to your settings but never have yet. Thanks for confirming that they are rock solid.