Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTx frequency shift on Tx

Rob Dunne
Rob Dunne Member ✭✭
Using WSJTx and a single slice (A) I can receive everything OK, but when I click on a callsign to call the frequency changes on transmit.

For example, Im on 14074, I click on a call and the Flex goes into tx but the freq shifts to 14073.5, if I click on another call it changes to another frequency.

Im sure its a simple setting of offset somewhere but cant find it.

Any help?
Thanks

Rob
G0MGM

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    That's what you want to see except on 60m. To turn it off go to wsjt, file, settings, radio, and set split operation to none.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Rob - it's a setting in WSJT-X called "Fake It" under the Radio Tab in the settings.  It is intended to put the output signal in such a position as to place the audio in the middle of your rig's passband.  So, in other words, it's operating as intended. 
  • Rob Dunne
    Rob Dunne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks John

Thats fixed it!

73 Rob
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    NEVER USE FAKE IT It’s intended for old Legacy Radios that are incapable of transmitting everywhere. You need it to Your Flex does NOT have this limitation. Set your Flex TX profile to 5K bandwidth. Never have fake it issues again
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    My point was that it is not a radio problem - it is caused by WSJT-X.  You can set it up as you like.  It may not be needed with Flex (as long as you're using DIGI-U and making sure your equalizer is flat) but it doesn't hurt to use it either.....  
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I use the fake it setting all the time and actually prefer it over the "RIG" setting when I'm running SSDR. Easier on the eyes. Either way, one of the two settings(rig or fake it) should be used.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2019
    I disagree.  That requires you to have a wide TX filter and the tones that are generated by the WSJT-X DSP have a lot of harmonic overtones.  I use fake it and have a much narrower TX filter set (1k) to make sure that I am not QRMing if I have to use high power.  I have a ham near me that uses a wide TX filter and when he transmits there are FT8 signal images all over the waterfall.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.