Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-x v2.0.0

Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Today is the official release date for WSJT-x v2.0.0.  Upgraded from the WSJT-x site in a couple of minutes with no issues.  Urge all Flex FT8 users to do the same.  

Comments

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Can this be run along with 1.9.1 so you can QSO ops still running the older version?

I ask this because it's my understanding that 2.0 is not backward compatible.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I did the same today. Had an issue with SSL(LOTW) and the adif log file. Instructions got me thru both in a few moments.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes--thread yesterday on this topic.  However, I predict traffic will rapidly move to 2.0.0.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Update completed here ! 

N3CAL/N3CAL
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Cross fingers - I'm using 2.0.0 from now on.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Up and running, with V2.0 some nice GUI changes. Performance is great.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Likewise, switching to 2.0 and not looking back. I suspect that most will switch because for other radios (than Flex) it's too difficult to run both.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The ARRL has a nice summary about the change over / compatbility.

http://www.arrl.org/news/wsjt-x-2-0-full-release-now-available-ft8-enthusiasts-urged-to-upgrade-now

Spoiler Alert....

NOT backward compatible
    Suggested to switchover by the 1st of the year.

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Updated today, no problems. Works great. If you don't upgrade, 2.0 is not backward compatible with previous versions. Thank You Mr.Turner.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am still at a loss why they need to bury the Fox/Hound mode so deep.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Worked 51 stations last night. Only encountered a few stations that did not upgrade and could see them on the water fall but could not copy. All in all found that weak station copy improved. And the GUI would respond with the proper response when replying to other stations. Very good upgrade congratulations to the WSJT for a job well done. LoTW fixes worked fine.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Unfortunately upgrade seems to be a lot slower on this side of the pond. Been on 2.0 since early afternoon and activity much lower with 2.0 than 1.9 over here.

Good news is that short before 20m closed to the US I worked a handful of you guys. I do believe you are much faster to adopt this upgrade. Look forward to when 20m opens tomorrow. Local time right now 5:13 in the afternoon and very very dark outside ;)

Do hope for a fast transition to 2.0

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to 2 I go....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.