Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X Unable to transmit

W9TVX
W9TVX Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have WSJT-X 1.7 configured to connect and work with SmartSDR 1.10.15 and a 6700

When WSJT-X goes in to transmit mode:
  • 6700 keys up (green LED goes red)
  • DAX Control Panel TX button is Blue and the meter is showing audio present 
  • SmartSDR P/CW panel shows the correct level i.e. right carat just below 0 and audio on the level meter, DAX button blue
  • If I turn on monitor I can hear the JT65 tones
However, I am getting zero RF power not matter to what I set the RF Level in SmartSDR

Some smart SDR info: Mode is DIGU (I also tried USB), Passband 3K

Note I can transmit no problem using my PR-781

I have rebooted both computer and radio multiple time

Any help appreciated

Ross
w9tvx

Answers

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Do you Check This?

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Check the Low and High Cut settings, should be 0-4000
  • W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That was it, and it makes perfect sense!   I was fixated on the pass band envelope under RX and failed to see the TX low cut and high cut. 

Thank you!

Ross
    w9tvx
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You may have to setup a PTT in CAT. I don't know your total setup...
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This is where the 'fake-it' split setting in wsjt-x is useful as on transmit it automatically moves frequency so that the transmitted tones are around 1.5khz, well within the usual TX passband.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    There is a defect registered on the code for occasional drop-outs similar to what you are reporting.  This may not explain what you are seeing, but if it does, it's on the list to investigate and deal with.

• Tony WV2C
    Tony WV2C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Flex 6500..Same issue here still unable to get power output. Works fine on JT65, no issues

Any other suggestions?  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.